Archdiocese of Birmingham
1.1 The Diocesan Vocations Office is part of the Archdiocese of Birmingham (the "Archdiocese"), which is a charity registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales. Our charity number is 234216 and our registered address is Cathedral House, St Chad’s Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6EX. In this Notice, references to 'we' and 'us' mean the Archdiocese.
1.2 “Personal Data” means information from which an individual can be identified, directly or indirectly.
1.3 When you provide us with Personal Data in order to engage with us and/or benefit from our activities, we may keep a record of the data you give to us in order to enable us to comply with our statutory and other legal obligations and to achieve our charitable objects of advancing and maintaining the Roman Catholic religion through the operation of our parishes and our other activities.
1.4 For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/279 (GDPR), the Archdiocese through its Trustees will be a Data Controller in respect of your Personal Data. In some cases, the Archdiocese may be a joint Data Controller of your Personal Data (e.g. where your data is shared between the Archdiocese and another organisation for a particular purpose). Please be aware that the Diocesan Vocations Office forms part of the Archdiocese is not a separate legal entity. The Diocesan Vocations Office is not a Data Controller nor does it process Personal Data on behalf of the Archdiocese as a Data Processor.
1.5 Everyone has rights with regard to how their Personal Data is handled by organisations. The Archdiocese is committed to ensuring that Personal Data is properly and securely managed in accordance with the relevant data protection laws, and believes this is an important part of achieving trust and confidence between the Archdiocese and those with whom it interacts. Please read this Notice to understand how we use and protect the information which you provide to us or which we obtain or hold about you, and to understand what your rights are in relation to information that we hold. This Notice applies to information about living identifiable individuals only.
1.6 GDPR refers to “processing” Personal Data. Processing includes recording, organising, storing, using and disposing of Personal Data.
Please download or open the full Privacy Notice.
Terms & Conditions
The information published on the Diocesan Vocations Office website is provided as a service to users, to be used for informational purposes only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Please note:
By using the Diocesan Vocations Office website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the Diocesan Vocations Office website.
The Archdiocese of Birmingham may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the Archdiocese of Birmingham. Your continued use of the site after any changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Access to and use of this site is provided by the Diocesan Vocations Office subject to the following terms:
You may not use Diocesan Vocations Office website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Diocesan Vocations Office website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Diocesan Vocations Office website content requires the prior written permission of the Diocesan Vocations Office, whereupon, if approved, the appropriate licence may be granted.
2. You agree to use the Diocesan Vocations Office website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the site. Behaviour which is strictly prohibited includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the site.
Contributions to the Diocesan Vocations Office website
3. We may from time to time invite users to submit personal information and/or contributions to the Diocesan Vocations Office website.
5. Any names, images and logos identifying the Diocesan Vocations Office, the Archdiocese of Birmingham or third parties are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of the Archdiocese of Birmingham and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Archdiocese of Birmingham, or any other third party.
6. Diocesan Vocations Office website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Archdiocese of Birmingham, is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, security and accuracy.
7. While every effort is made to provide accurate and timely information, there may be technical or factual inaccuracies and typographical errors, for which we apologise and we accept no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on our website to the extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice.
8. The Diocesan Vocations Office does not warrant that functions contained in the website content will be uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
9. We may from time to time publish links to external independent websites. The Diocesan Vocations Office cannot however be held responsible for the content of those web sites. Providing links to other websites does not indicate that the Archdiocese of Birmingham agrees with any claims, statements or opinions published by those sites.
10. In no event will the Archdiocese of Birmingham be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Diocesan Vocations Office website.
11. If any of these terms are subsequently determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.